Sunday, August 12, 2007

Knitting at Mintfest


Yesterday I was at the Mint Festival parade. I was knitting before the parade. Later in the afternoon Mo and I were at the Great Lakes Folk Festival working at our guild's booth (Mid Michigan Knitting Guild). I met a lot of wonderful people. I hope that some of them do join us in September when our new season begins. (I also saw several people from work who were as surprised to see me in the booth as I was surprised to see them out of a business suit. ;-)


I have a lot of projects that I am working on. One is a very cute bolero for T called 'Molly' by Debbie Bliss. This should be done later today. With school just around the corner I have T's lunch bag knitted, just haven't felted this yet. I also have a backpack, Ayla, that I need to get completed for her for school too.

Meanwhile I was able to score a copy of Aran Knitting by by Alice Starmore. No, I didn't win the lottery - I actually found it in the library. (Thankfully they didn't know what this book costs!) So I am frantically trying to finish a few my knitting projects so I can get started on the St. Brigid sweater. Will I get it done? Or more realistically, will I get it done before the second month when I can't renew my book again?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We had one in our library. We kept telling them it needed to be behind the desk. They didn't listen, it was stolen. Wah!!! Be sure they lock that thing away!!!!