Sunday, December 10, 2006

Charity wrap up - Christmas ramp up



Early this morning T wouldn't let me turn on the lights in the kitchen while she ate her breakfast. She wanted to dine by the tree lights. Yes, we have a small Christmas tree in the kitchen - and a few in the dining room, and a couple in the living rooms. (There is only one large official tree in the house.)



I have stopped the charity knitting. They are due on Friday, but I have 3 finals in the next 4 days. I don't see me with any extra minutes to squeeze in one more pair of mittens. In the past couple of weeks I have completed 9 hats and 8 pairs of mittens. If you look at the top you will see 'Center Square' hat that is a new pattern from Knitty.com. I was anxious to try a different style hat. You probably notice that a majority of my hats are cable. I just needed a little something to keep it fun.




I had this little quirky 'must do' for my nieces (and T) for Christmas. I knew that I didn't have time to knit, but I wanted to make them something. So for some reason I figured that I had time to sew their Christmas gifts. I reasoned that Mo would be able to help. I think I'll end up being too anal and end up doing it all myself. I am making 4 items each slightly different from the other - yet they are all the same item. See my supplies above, any guesses? The cream color you see is more fabric. Fabric is all cut and ready to sew. I have a little embroidery on a portion of it before I can sew it together.

But first - I have to study. My final finals! Then done, done, done. I will have completed all my classes needed for the BA. WHOOO HOOO!

Tiger has a good idea, maybe in January. Have a great week!

No comments: