One morning while watching a morning show and getting ready for work I saw a lamp made out of mix matched china cups, saucers and tea pots. I fell in love with them. They looked like they belonged in a cozy cottage.
I looked up the instructions online. They were simple enough. Molly and I went out to the local resale shops and antique malls looking for inexpensive bits and pieces to make our own.
We found many tea pots. And for once if there was a chip in a cup or sugar bowl - it didn't matter because I was going to end up destroying it by gluing it to something else.
This seemingly easy project ended up taking almost a month. A lot of the parts I bought online. One it was usually cheaper even with shipping and two... after going to several stores looking for the little doo daddy things and not finding them ... just picking it up online was easier.
For several weeks my bits and pieces of china were sitting in various stages of glued and unglued. Waiting for the time and arrival of all the little extras. Over the weekend I had the time and gumption to finish the projects. Then spent the next two days just looking for simple lampshades. Gees, even finding simple lampshades was a dragged out process. But now the lampse are done.
They are cute, look great when lit. Now as I look at them completed - there is nothing in my house that says, "cute little cottage - put it here." I have to figure out what to do with them. :-) They were a lot of fun. I do have enough extra parts to make 3 more if I run across more teapots and cups.