Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Wee little things


So I think I have lost my mind.

I have knitted a few sweaters a day. Though as you can tell they are very small sweaters. I have to make the hangers for them. They are ornaments for the tree. I am not sure if I can part with them for gifts or if I will be selfish and keep them for myself. Believe it or not - this isn't where I thought I have lost my mind.
Nor did I loose it knitting these teeny tiny stocking ornaments either. Though the larger one was knitted second. The burgundy sock was just too small for me. The larger sock is perfect for putting little items in it.
Nor did I loose it knitting a nice hat and mitten set for charity. Where did I loose it????

Here! After knitting several sweaters the hardest part was starting. It is a top-down raglan sweater. Six and four stitches on long #1 DPNs was a pain - too much needle. So I have this brilliant idea. Toothpicks are size ones! And if I break one, I have a few hundred more. If this works sweaters will be flying out of here!

See - this is where I have lost my mind. Now all I need to do is see if someone has an emery board that they don't care if I sand down the points of my new DPNs.

Oh, and I don't want an intervention... I have all my real knitting done and I am not ready to dig into my beautiful cable cardigan just yet. So just let me sit in the corner humming Christmas tunes to myself with cookie crumbs on the front of my shirt while I keep knitting wee little things.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Larjmarj said...

That wee sweater is insane!

Jenifer said...

What pattern did you use for the wee sweaters and wee stockings? I can't wait to see the wee hangers!
Those sweaters will make the cutest ornaments. I am going to have to get some going. I did not have a lot of Christmas knitting to do and what I had is finished. I've got time on my hands. Wee sweaters, here I come!

Ewe-niss said...

I have it in Ravelry. The Wee Little Sweaters is located at http://www.heartstringsfiberarts.com/minisweater.shtm

I should like to it from the site too, I guess. :-)

totalkyknitwit2007 said...

Toothpicks are size ones!! I don't know if my needle sizer goes down that far...I think it stops at 2's, but it's cardboard and MIA at the moment.

The other good thing about toothpicks (other than their cheap and sometimes come in pretty colors) you can get a toothpick holder that dispenses them one at a time. Very fun.

I love the tiny stockings...I seriously thought about making a couple pair. Or whatever. :D

ColorJoy LynnH said...

Oh! I've done tiny sweaters and I've done tiny socks but not in stranded patterns (yet).

I've even sanded toothpicks to knit with, but mine were so poor quality wood that no amount of sanding made them knit-worthy. They caught on everything. I took them with me on the way to Africa in case they took my real needles. Good thing I didn't need them.