I don't like
- that it is heavy. It is cotton, but it isn't a light sweater. This would work as a fall sweater.
- the length of the sleeves - too short. I think I would like them to be 3/4 or full length. This would gear it towards cooler days.
- the see through lacy panels, love those - BUT I have to wear something under it so that my bra doesn't show. Again - that would gear it towards cooler days.
- the length of the sweater. It is too long, and though it does look like the photo on the pattern, my back end doesn't. And this sweater emphasizes it.
- button band is flimsy. I would have done better to pick-up the stitches with smaller needles and knitted. Instead of knitting the band separately and stitching on. The button holes seem loosy goosey.
- collar needs a little help.
- I can pick up the sleeve stitches and knit down. Maybe... the entire sleeve is K2P2. I will try. But I wonder if that is similar to color work and all my stitches would be off 1/2 stitch? If that doesn't work. I can just start the sleeves over.
- Length... I could find where I want it to end and place the stitches on the needles, remove the rest of the yarn, and then bind off. My fear is the lacy panels. I have to find a spot where I can easily find all the stitches to pick up. All of those yarn overs, k2tog, ssk... I could make a real mess out of it.
- button band - try it again. Though I will see what mess I have if I am able to shorten the sweater. If I am happy with it then continue with the small finishings.
Bloomsbury or Doomsbury Sweater?
Here the final picture of it with the buttons. If I choose to not hide it in the back of the closet - I will post a before and after. (Oh, that could hurt. Before photo: a decent sweater that won't get much wear. After photo: a big old pile of tangled yarn.)
Still deciding. I like the challenge of trying... then there is the possibility of frogging it if I totally screw it up. I would then knit it into something I would like. But I may like it if it was shorter...