Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Himalaya Tote


Himalaya Tote
Originally uploaded by knitterbay
The pattern is free when you sign up for Knitting Daily. It is quick and easy. I am considering using it as a stash buster and make additional totes. It may end up as Christmas gifts

This is a quick project. It is made from Himalaya Recycled Silk yarn.

The yarn - hmmm... very beautiful, but a little fussy. It is over spun in several places. So I am constantly letting my ball hang to unspin the kinks out. Fortunately the pattern is very easy so fiddling with the yarn isn't too bad. Also the yarn has a lot of joined sections. Pretty annoying when the skeins are only 80 yards.

I have the front done. After the sides and back are completed, I have to make a lining for it.

1 comment:

Octopus Knits said...

Very pretty -- I'll have to check that pattern out!