Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Linden Fire

The kids and I went to Gaines to visit old friends and help thin her garden. (I just pointed at what I wanted and her husband dug it up.) I eventually had to stop because it was obvious that if I got any more, children would be forced to run alongside the car for the drive home.

I had heard on the news that there had been a fire at the Broad Street Grille in Linden. This was one of my favorite buildings. They had spent a lot of money, time and effort restoring it. While we were in the area, we stopped in Linden. Unfortunately the building will be no more. It is to be torn down. Linden is a very small community and this was the large percentage of their downtown. It is very sad.

The image below is a slide show. I hope it loads.



I added a bunch of photos from the zoo and of my garden. If interested check it out!

No comments: