Friday, August 18, 2006

I have sleeves... but first...

We have weeds. BIG weeds. Sunflowers have appeared without being planted. We just let them grow - and did they ever!

The one with many heads on it is over 8' tall. I can't get a good photo of it. The best view is from the bathroom, but for some reason I wasn't inclined to take a photo from there.

Not a weed, but a pest... Tiger. He found a bird inside the neighbor's barn.




Now tending my knitting...

This is my first attempt at knitting a Fair Isle pattern and technique from the Philosopher's Wool Company . It took a year to muster the courage - steeks, cutting, many colors... (It also took a break between classes for the time to figure it out.) My sister-in-law made a gorgeous one last year and I have been intimidated since.

Two sleeves are completed. There is a glaring error on the upper sleeve. At the time I was knitting slightly above the mistake I was with a knitting group. And at no time did anyone tell me, "Hey, knob - look!" It would have been easy to tink the stiches then - but no... I was happily knitting band after band. I am not as brave as the Yarn Harlot and will fix it quick and dirty.

No comments: